About The Alcatel Idol 4 LTE (Black / Silver) Without Data
Note: Data features or Wi-Fi connectivity may be required for some devices (e.g.: iPhones, Android devices, etc.) in order to send and receive Picture and Video Messages.
If you've read our product description on the BlackBerry DTEK50 then you already know that it is a very secure and robust Android-powered device that also packs a lot of bang for the buck! What we didn’t mention in that product page / description is that the DTEK50 was actually manufactured by TCL, the Chinese parent company of Alcatel. So where are we going with all of this? Well simply put, the Idol 4 is the twin-sibling of the DTEK50. The Idol 4 is just missing all of the additional security layers and features that BlackBerry packed into their version of the popular and ultra-lightweight device. The Alcatel Idol 4 provides an alternative device at an even leaner, outright price-point. Spec-wise, the Idol 4 is nearly identical to the DTEK50. Internals include a medium-range Qualcomm SnapDragon 617 Octa-core Processor, 2GB of RAM and Micro SD expand-ability (up to 128GB supported). The 5.2" OLED screen is very vibrant and "mediaphiles" are going to love the 3.6 watt dual-front and back speaker design that is complete with "Hi-Fi" audio that is enhanced with "Waves" Technology. An 8MP front shooter (camera) is present for the "Selfie-Taker" in you, and the 13MP rear-shooter (back camera) can also kick-out some great shots! The Idol 4 also features a "Boom Key", which is a programmable physical button that will pump more bass or add cool effects to your photos with one touch!
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) OS.
- LTE CAT 4 providing download speeds of up to 150, 50 Mbps upload (both under optimal conditions),
- 64 Bit, (4x) 1.5 GHz + (4x) 1.2 GHz Octa-Core, Qualcomm MSM8952, Snapdragon™ 617 Processor with Adreno 405, 550 MHz GPU.
- 5.2", 1080 x 1920 (424PPI), 16:9 aspect ratio, scratch-resistant display.
- 13MP dual-tone LED flash, rear-camera, 8MP front camera.
- 16GB memory, expandable up to 128GB via MicroSD cards (sold separately).
- 2GB of RAM.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz), 802.11 a/ac/n 5GHz with 4G Mobile Hotspot and Wi-Fi Direct support.
- Bluetooth 4.2. LE.
- NFC compatible (supports Android Beam, Tap and Pay, and Tap and Go).
- Supported audio include AAC LC, AAC+, enhanced AAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, FLAC, MP3, MIDI, Vorbis, PCM/WAVE HAC.
- 2610mAh embedded (non-removable), quick-charge capable battery providing up to 16 hours of talk-time or up to 633 hours of standby time (optimal conditions).
- This device utilizes a Nano SIM Card.
- 1 year limited warranty covered by Alcatel.
- Alcatel Call Centre support is available by phone at 855-844-6058. Hours of operations are 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday & 8am - 4pm Saturday (CST).
Included Accessories (may not be exactly as pictured)
USB Data Cable
Dock Connector (AC)