Last year brought some major changes to Google's line of devices, mainly the change from the Nexus brand to the creation of the more consumer friendly "Pixel" line. These fun and pure Android devices seemed to be well received and as such, we are seeing a loyal following starting to form for this brand of devices. October 19, 2017 is launch day for the second incarnation of the Pixel 2 devices (Pixel 2 XL on November 15, 2017) and there are definite improvements all around for these robust devices. LG and HTC both take credit for producing one of the new Pixel 2 devices. Apart from the screen sizes and battery sizes, both Pixel 2 devices provide the same, fun and exhilarating user experience! Camera quality is simply mind-blowing as the 12.2MP shooters produce some of the best pictures and videos ever produced by smartphones today! Simply "squeeze" the side bezels (aka: Active Edge™) of the Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL to start Google Assistant. The dual-front-facing, stereo speakers provide a very immersive sound experience for voice interaction or for listening to media. The inclusion of IP67 water and dust protection is also a great addition to this year's Pixel devices. Add in the latest version of Android ("Oreo"), a speedy SnapDragon 835 Processor, Quick Charging
, and Always-On display
screens, and this year's Pixel 2 devices are sure to really shine in both the connectivity and enjoyment user realms.
The Google Pixel 2 also comes in Clearly White
and Kinda Blue
- Android 8 Oreo preloaded.
- LTE Bands 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/20/25/26/28/29/30/32/66. CAT 15 downloads of up to 800 Mbps (LTE Advanced - optimal conditions),
HSPA/UMTS Bands: 1/2/4/5/8,
GPRS/EDGE Bands: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz.
- 2.35GHz + 1.9GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor.
- 5”, 16:9 aspect ratio, 1920 x 1080 (441PPI) resolution, FDH AMOLED Display featuring Gorilla Glass 5 and "Always-on" display technology.
- 8MP front-facing camera and 12MP rear-facing camera.
- 64GB internal memory (non-expandable).
- 4GB RAM.
- Water protection rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Charger and accessories are not water resistant.
- Bluetooth 5.0+LE technology.
- NFC support.
- USB Type C 3.1 Gen 1 supported.
- Stereo front-firing speakers.
- Wi-Fi 2.4GHz + 5GHz 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2x2 MIMO and Mobile Hotspot.
- 2700mAh embedded (non-removable) quick-charging battery.
- This device utilizes a Nano SIM Card.