2018 is shaping up to be a great year when it comes to camera innovations in smartphone devices. AI and multiple camera module configurations are becoming the norm in most flagship devices and thus, “notched” display screens are also the current trend as they provide the real estate for the additional cameras and sensors. So how are companies differentiating themselves from one another in this years technology footrace? Well, LG has taken the approach of introducing subtle, yet useful tweaks in their UI to enhance the user experience and this is very evident with the G7 ThinQ. For example, the LG G7 ThinQ sports this year’s screen “notch”, just like other competitor devices. A neat little feature in LG’s Android overlay allows users to set a black band to each side of the notch which creates the illusion of having a solid black border at the top of the display vs the screen “notch”. These display aspects can be further customized to curve the edges, etc. This is quite a novel approach that should appeal to users that might consider another device due to the “notch” design. Other notable enhancements in the G7 include Brightness Boost
for the display (great in direct sunlight or outdoors)
, AI utilization for the camera modules and BoomBox Sound
. This latter design feature creates an ambient space in the G7 that allows sound to be magnified through surfaces that the G7 is contact with (wooden box, table surface, etc.). The G7 is also quite a contender in the “hardware specs” department with it’s Qualcomm™ Snapdragon™ 845 Processor (2.8GHz Octa-Core)
, 4GB od RAM, and 64GB of onboard storage
that is also expandable via MicroSD cards
. Quick Charge 3.0 and Wireless Charging help round out usage concerns while the IP68 rating
is sure to provide some longevity for those unexpected encounters with dust and moisture. If you haven’t checked into the G7 ThinQ, do yourself a favour and take a look at LG’s flagship device. Put simply, the G7 ThinQ is the perfect mobile companion for camera and audio enthusiasts alike, but everyone should enjoy using this smart and powerful device!
The LG G7 ThinQ also comes in Platinum Grey
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) preloaded.
- LTE Advanced with download speeds of up to 750Mbps (LTE CAT 15).
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845, 2.8GHz Octa-Core Processor.
- 6.1”, 3120 x 1440 resolution, 18:9 (New Second Screen, 19.5:9), QHD+ FullVision LCD, main display.
- Dual-configuration cameras - 16MP Standard Angle 71° with f/1.6 and OIS/Glass Lens/ Active Alignment/LDAF (Laser Detection Auto Focus) 16MP Super Wide Angle 107° with f/1.9.
- 8MP Wide Angle 80° with f/1.9 front-facing camera.
- 64GB internal memory (exact user available memory varies).
- 4GB RAM.
- MicroSD (up to 2TB) expandable memory.
- Bluetooth 5.0 BLE, Apt-X HD.
- IP68 water and dust resistant.
- USB 2.0 (3.1 Compatible) Type-C with Quick Charge 3.0 (16.2W) / PD (21W)
Wireless Charging (9W).
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual-Band).
- Boombox, DTS: X 3D, Surround-Sound Speaker.
Supported audio formats (playback) include AMR, AWB, WAV, MP2, MP3, AAC, FLAC, AC3, MIDI, OGG , DSF/DFF , AIFF/AIF , WMA , 32-Bit Hi-Fi Audio(Quad DAC).
- Supported video formats include MJPEG, THEORA, VP 8/9, XviD, H263, MPEG4(SP/ASP), H.264(BP/MP/HP), HEVC(MP).
- 3000mAh, non-removable battery.
- This device utilizes a Nano SIM Card.
- Online support available at LG
- LG Call Centre support is available by phone at 1-888-542-2623. Hours of operations are 7:00AM-12:00AM EST.