Skinny Jeans. Slim, form fitting tailored suits. Elegant, designer hand bags. So where exactly do we put our smartphone and more importantly, do we choose functionality or screen size when shopping for our new device? Well if the Motorola's Moto Z claims are true, then the simple answer is "don't worry", we can have our cake and eat it too! Say "hello" to the Motorola Z, the thinnest, 5.5" screen smartphone currently available in the world today at only 5.19mm thick! What's even better is that the Moto Z can be tailored to boost audio, substantially increase battery life and even double as a projector through the use of "Moto Mods" which are interchangeable magnetic attachments that simply couple onto the back of the device. Go slim when needed and add the mod that fits the need when a specific boost or "Mod" is required. Out of the box, the Moto Z packs some very impressive specs, even without using Moto Mods. The 2600 mAh cell is listed as providing "all-day" battery performance, with up to 30 hours of usage. Quick charge technology helps round out obtaining that crucial recharge when time constraints exist. It's nice that Motorola includes a fast charger in the box. The Moto Z also features a water repellent coating that is designed to help protect against accidental splashes or exposure to rain drops. 32GB of storage is on-board and this is expandable up to 2TB via Micro SD cards. The Moto Z's main 13MP shooter features laser auto-focus and when you combine this with the zero shutter lag and optical image stabilization (OIS), you're sure to capture some outstanding pictures and videos with this device! An "ultra-responsive" fingerprint scanner also adds to the security available to protect your data. The Moto Z is not an entry level device and it is definable worth taking a look at if you're into slim, cutting edge technology. Your skinny jeans will tend to agree.
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) OS, upgradeable to Android 7.0, Firmware NPL25.86-30 (as of January 26, 2017).
- LTE Bands B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 19, 20, 25, 28, 38, 40, 41.
- 1.8 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 quad-core processor with Adreno 530 GPU.
- 5.5", 1440 Quad HD (AMOLED), 2560 x 1440 (535ppi), display.
- 13MP, f2.2 aperture rear camera and 5MP front-facing camera.
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB of internal memory.
- MicroSD (Up to 2TB) expandable memory.
- Water-repellent nano-coating.
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz with MIMO.
- Bluetooth 4.1 LE.
- Fingerprint scanner.
- USB-C port for headphones, charging and data transfer with 3.5 mm to USB-C headphone port adapter included.
- 2600mAh battery providing a full day of mixed usage (up to 30 hours - optimal conditions) with TurboPower™ for up to 8 hours of power in 15 minutes of charging.
- This device utilizes a Nano SIM Card.
- 1 year limited warranty covered by Motorola.
- Online device support available at Motorola Z Official Page
- Motorola call centre support is available by phone at 1-800-461-4575. Hours of operations are from Mon-Fri 7AM-10PM; Sat-Sun 9AM-6PM CST.