Samsung announced the new Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus Devices at their February 2018 "Un-boxing Event". Both devices continue to feature very slim, almost bezel-less designs that house Samsung's impressive "Infinity" display technology
! Build quality continues to be paramount, and both devices feature an IP68 rating
, protection against exposure to dust and moisture. Both devices are very sleek, yet comfortable to hold in the hand and a subtle design and layout change makes the rear fingerprint more accessible than last year's S8 devices. Let's be honest, the infinity Display is perhaps the key selling point for newer Galaxy devices. It's remarkable to see these gorgeous, eye-popping 5.8" (S9) or 6.2" (S9+) screens tucked into these premium, stylish profiles! As mentioned, the ultra-thin bezels create the appearance of an almost edge-to-edge look for the displays. Like last year's S8/S8+ devices, the menu, home and back keys are on-screen and exhibit subtle tactile, vibrations when touched or used. Samsung has continued to evolve Bixby, the voice-operated digital assistant that provides interesting ways to interact with your S9/S9+ device. Improvements for the S9/S9+ camera herald performance gains for low-light and night-time use. The "Super Slo-Mo"
feature seems really neat! The S9/S9+ camera also brings to the table "Live Translation"
, which allows you to obtain real-time translation when you're traveling or on the go. The front-facing camera allows for "Intelligent Scan"
which is a new technology that combines face recognition and iris scanning to make unlocking the S9/S9+ simple, even in low light conditions. This helps to round out a multitude of unlocking options for the S9/S9+ which includes Iris, Face, Fingerprint, Pattern, Password and PIN options. Don't forget about Knox for the business side of things (security). Audio on the S9/S9+ is also improved due to the inclusion of Dolby Atmos sound
and stereo speakers tuned by AKG
. These stereo speakers provide pure sound that's 1.4 times more powerful than those found on previous Galaxy phone speakers. 64GB of on-board memory
is available (available user amount varies), and it's still nice to have expandability via Micro SD cards
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) preloaded.
- LTE Advanced with maximum download speeds of up to 750 Mbps (optimal conditions).
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Processor.
- 5.8”, 2960 x 1440 resolution (570 ppi), Quad HD+, Super AMOLED, Infinity Main Display.
- Super Speed Dual Pixel, 12MP AF sensor, OIS (Optical Image Stabilization), f/1.5, main camera.
- 8MP, f/1.7, auto-focus, front-facing camera.
- 64GB internal memory (exact user available memory varies).
- 4GB RAM.
- MicroSD expandable memory.
- Bluetooth® 5.0 LE (up to 2Mbps). Dual Audio: connect two Bluetooth devices to the Galaxy S9 or S9+ to play audio through the two devices simultaneously*.
*The two connected devices may exhibit a slight difference in sound output.
- NFC compatible.
- USB Type-C with fast-charging capabilities.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct capable, Mobile Hotspot capable.
- 3.5mm headset jack.
- IP68 rated.
- Samsung DeX Pad capable (desktop experience support).
- 3000mAh, non-removable battery.
- This device utilizes a Nano SIM Card.
- Online support available at Samsung
- Samsung Call Centre support is available by phone at 1-800-726-7864. Hours of operations are Mon-Sun 8:30AM-12:00AM EST. Customer support is available 7 days a week, 365 days of the year.